Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Cyclocross Magazine - Issue 5

I tend to be a web based writer these days, but I did get a poem published in Cyclocross Magazine. I'm quite proud of it. It's called "No Air" on page 41. And hey, I won a set of TRP EuroX brakes for it, so who says poets can't make a living with their poems. My new 'cross bike is now 1/25th of the way to getting built.

I really like the subheading comment about Cyclocross by Adam Myerson: "Road racing is a novel, and 'cross is poetry. Every word counts in poetry. 'Cross is like that."

Since this is a publication I really respect, I don't know why they chose my poem, but they did and they'll have to live with it for years now. Truly, the magazine is one of the best out there. The articles are interesting and intelligent and the topics are well conceived. Subscribe and support them if you can. It's no fluff, it's the real thing.

Go 'Cross!

.............................oRo...

No comments: