Thursday, October 29, 2009

Dave Koesel on Bike Snob NYC

Not sure if many of you know Dave Koesel, but this is worth checking out:
bikesnobnyc.blogspot.com/2009/10/bsnyc-interview-dave-koesel-of-felt.html

The previous Guru article mentioned by BiSnoNYC is wickedly fun and snarky. This interview with Dave is a bit out of character in its tameness. It's informative without the usual bite.

Some of Dave's Ann Arbor background is mentioned in the article. Spelling his name is the hard part. I do the Dave part ok, but the last name is a challenge. I think he should change it to K-cell. That would be much more scientific-like-ish.

K-cell is a great guy. He helped me deal with some of my pack riding "issues" at Runway after a few nutball moves on my part. He did it in a helpful way. No anger. No yelling. It was much appreciated, taken to heart and put into practice thenceforth.

As to the Guru video, I loved the terminology. At one point Guru co-owner Robert Pinazza said, "we're gonna pay homage to the last percentage of the aeroquation, which is the frame." Wow. Aeroquation. That is so technojargospeak.

The word flowfield is also used in a sentence. Or maybe it's two words.

It was all brought back to basics, however, when Danny Knezevici, even with his PhD in Aerospace Engineering, said, "focused on those ones." He was apparently lighting bottle rockets off in the hidden corner of the school yard when he was supposed to be attending his basic English course. (Attn: Guru video editor, consider correcting this in order to improve the verbal flowfield.)

For the record, I do not own either a Felt or a Guru. I'd like to.

2 comments:

SuperDave said...

Koesel isn't so tough, and if I was offering polite advice to you on the bike at Runway, I must have had a great day as I'm not sure most people would remember me as 1.) helpful or 2.) polite.

Glad you found the article. I, too, was suprised that snob didn't ask questions that were more adversaial. Afterall, I am "that guy" that is wrong with the industry?

-SD

.......................oRo... said...

This is about creating a legend SuperD. In future posts where you're mentioned I'll try to balance it out with your "bad" image.

Keep in mind also, much of what I write is reality exaggerated, to put it mildly. Truth is a moving target.

.................oRo...