Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Bike Fall 2010

European Cyclocross Videos
The closest I can get so far to free European cyclocross race videos is this:

http://www.sporza.be/cm/sporza/videozone/MG_sportnieuws/MG_wielrennen/

Wielrennen apparently means cycle racing. There's a great interview with Nys on the link above, but it's in Flemish. I figure if I watch enough of these I'll be speaking like a native in about twenty years or so. The race videos only show the last lap, but so far it's better than nothing.

The entire races do get streamed live. If you can adjust your schedule to European time that's another option.

Still can't find much of anything that shows women's CX racing.

There are some short postings of American CX race videos on Velonews.com.

If you find anything else, please let us know. (Mark, are you out there?)

David V. Herlihy
Herlihy, author most recently of The Lost Cyclist and also of the excellent Bicycle, a History, will be signing his book at Nicola's Books at 7pm on Friday evening, Nov. 5th.

I look forward to reading The Lost Cyclist, a true story about an avid cyclist adventurer, Frank Lenz, who toured the world in the early 1890s on a prototype of the kind of bikes we ride now. It has a tragic outcome, but Lenz must have been quite the intrepid explorer to even attempt this journey.

Bike Fall
And yes, the title of this post is deliberate. I'm still perfecting my falling skills. I've added it (unintentionally) to my regular practice regimen.

No comments: